Senior Project Manager/Landscape Architect (7-10 years old)
KTUA is looking for two inspired, creative and driven individuals who are passionate about community design and creating healthy places. Both positions require effective project management, managing multidisciplinary design teams and internal support staff, client communication skills, public speaking and community outreach, business development , pursuing projects and presentations for projects and interviews. Projects are typically located in southern and central California.
The ideal first candidate is a licensed landscape architect with a minimum of 7 years of experience, including creative design thinking and problem solving, overall project management, and exceptional graphic and communication skills. Applicants should have a diverse portfolio of work in various areas of the market, including civic, commercial, educational, parks and hospitality design. Additional responsibilities include development of conceptual design, construction document and preparation of technical specifications.
The second ideal candidate is a Certified Planner or Licensed Landscape Architect with a minimum of 7 years experience in parks and recreation planning and design. Project experience with city-wide master plans, individual master plans and/or concept site plans required. Additional experience in land use planning, active transportation, transit planning, complete streets or community planning is an asset. Additional responsibilities include project visioning, community engagement, and developing planning studies, master plans, and concept plans.
KTUA is an award-winning company with a diverse team that likes to work hard and play hard. We have a passion for design fostered by observing the world and sharing our travels, organizing excursions to our sites and carting around our office as a team. The diversity of project types and the variety of scales of our projects keep us engaged. We are constantly evolving by learning new techniques and processes. You might catch us on Halloween participating in our pumpkin carving contest, or eating carne asada tacos at our summer parking lot barbecues, or hunting for the most obnoxious gift for our annual gifts of white elephants during the holidays. We are a group that focuses on customer satisfaction. We design places to play, celebrate, learn, gather and relax. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to chat with you about your experience.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in urban planning, landscape architecture, architecture or urban planning/design.
- Seven or more years of experience in private consulting or public agencies.
- PLA or AICP required.
- Strong project management and organizational skills required.
- Strong report writing, research and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work and/or manage multiple simultaneous projects and coordinate multiple employees.
- Motivated and autonomous, able to work in a team and independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required and Microstation is a plus.
- Experience with ArcGIS, SketchUP or other 3D modeling and visual simulations is a plus.
- Favorable background check and ability to travel.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (citizenship or VISA/green card in progress).
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
KTUA is a well-established landscape architecture and planning firm with a diverse project base. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a creative and dynamic work environment in our San Diego, CA office.
- 401(k) with employer match
- 125 Cafeteria plan allowing for pre-tax spending
- Holidays and vacation pay
- Medical and dental coverage
- Performance bonus plan
- Stock options and incentive plan
- Benefits of cycling and public transport
- Lively urban neighborhood, a 10-minute walk from Balboa Park
- Hybrid work schedule
Position available immediately and will remain open until filled. Email a cover letter, resume, and writing/graphic samples or a link to an online portfolio to [email protected]no phone calls please.
Comments are closed.