Manager, Partnerships & Advertising job at Film Society at Lincoln Center
Manager, Partnerships and Advertising
Type of employment
New York, NY • Philanthropy
For more than 50 years, Film at Lincoln Center has been dedicated to supporting the art, elevating the craft of filmmaking, and enriching film culture. Cinema at Lincoln Center fulfills its mission through the programming of festivals, series, retrospectives and new releases; the presentation of podcasts, conferences and special events; and the creation and implementation of artists’ initiatives. Since its founding in 1969, this nonprofit organization has brought the celebration of American and international cinema to the world-renowned arts complex of Lincoln Center, making discussion and appreciation of cinema accessible to a wide audience and ensuring that remains an essential art form for years to come.
Summary of work
The Manager, Partnerships and Publicity assists the Senior Director, Partnerships and Publicity, in proposing, securing and implementing sponsorships, in-kind and media barter partnerships and publicity packages for the theaters at Lincoln Center, including the Festival du New York Film Festival, one of the largest and most prestigious film festivals in the world. The primary focus of the department is to generate revenue with a range of brands seeking to align with a passionate, diverse, and movie-loving community in New York City, surrounding communities, and around the world through our digital channels.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Work with Senior Director to secure five- to seven-figure film partnerships at Lincoln Center, with a focus on the New York Film Festival.
- Help grow existing partnerships while identifying and cultivating potential new partners within the film industry and across a wide range of business categories.
- Create innovative and personalized partnership platforms that meet or exceed the marketing objectives of potential partners.
- Help execute multi-level integrated partnership activations with experiential, programmatic, digital, collateral, PR, hospitality, and experiential elements.
- Liaise between internal and external teams to ensure seamless communication and smooth and successful execution for all parties.
- Help generate proof of performance and summarize documents, including proof of performance presentations, videos and reports.
- In collaboration with the marketing department. manage creative assets and partner approvals.
- Manage partner ticketing, RSVPs and hospitality needs throughout the year and at the New York Film Festival.
- Lead in-kind donations for certain special events, including identifying leads, closing deals, tracking deliverables, and working with internal events and production teams on distribution.
- In collaboration with the marketing department, serve as a resource person for barter media partnerships with industry trades and mainstream publications.
- Maintain service operations including RA requests, invoice/discount/receivable management and contract generation and/or update.
- Host partners at screenings and special events throughout the year and regularly at the New York Film Festival.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience in sponsorship/corporate partnership sales, marketing and event production/experiential activation.
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively to develop innovative partnership solutions for potential partners.
- Excellent communication and writing skills with a proven ability to generate pitch decks and recaps.
- Knowledge of partnership contracts.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Availability for night and weekend events, especially (but not exclusively) during the New York Film Festival.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate and integrate multiple viewpoints into a cohesive concept.
- Remains calm and composed under stress and pressure.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, anticipate challenges, solve problems and work under pressure.
- Reinforce the reception of customers and executives during screenings and events.
- Mastery of the Google suite (Docs, Sheets and Slides).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- An interest in cinema is preferable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
In the performance of the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit down; using the hands to finger, manipulate or smell; and reach with hands and arms. Sometimes the employee must stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat or crawl.
What we offer
- A job that makes a difference, an opportunity to contribute to an important mission.
- Competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits.
- Generous paid vacation benefits.
This is a full-time position, exempt and eligible for benefits
This position is represented by the union UAW 2110.
Cinema at Lincoln Center is committed to a workforce that is
representative of the diverse audiences we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status , mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law. The Cinema at Lincoln Center prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.