Communication Manager Poland | ReliefWeb
ABOUT THE AMERICAS:
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves the health of people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches an average of 85 countries, including the United States, with life-changing health programs, medicines, medical supplies and emergency aid. Americares is one of the world’s leading not-for-profit drug and medical supply providers.
In response to the Ukraine crisis, Americares serves the health needs of individuals and families inside Ukraine, fleeing Ukraine and host communities. Americares programming focuses on delivering medicines and medical supplies, strengthening health services, and providing mental health and psychosocial support to affected populations.
POSITION SUMMARY: Americares is seeking a dynamic and creative communications professional fluent in English and Polish or English and Ukrainian to produce engaging written and visual content documenting Americares’ response to the Ukraine crisis. This position will be the focal point for all external project communications, including story gathering, media interviews, donor reports, and photography/videography documenting Americares’ response to the crisis. This is a 12 month full-time contract position based in Krakow and reporting to the Ukraine Crisis Response Team Leader.
Marketing and Communications is responsible for global messaging, branding and visual identity for Americares; develop compelling written and visual content; execute successful public relations campaigns; and support the development team’s communications with key stakeholders. The Emergency Programs team responds to more than 30 natural disasters and humanitarian crises around the world each year and establishes long-term recovery programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write donor reports, success stories, press releases, website content and newsletter articles, social media content, fact sheets and other materials as required;
- Manage media outreach, including creating media lists, arranging media visits, responding to press inquiries on timelines, and scheduling interviews for key spokespersons;
- Contribute to monthly media coverage reports;
- Contribute to visual content, including basic photography and video skills;
- Conduct site visits with partner organizations to report on the impact of Americares-supported programs;
- Support the Multimedia Director in hiring professional photographers/videographers as needed;
- Ensure that all branding adheres to organizational guidelines;
- Coordinate information gathering with the programs team to ensure accurate representation of programs;
- Review communication materials with the Team Leader to ensure adherence to programmatic objectives, donor requirements, local security policy and strategic objectives;
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading and oral communication skills in English and Polish or English and Ukrainian;
- A minimum of five years of experience in external communications, public relations, content development and/or media relations;
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, English or related field;
- Experience working for an international NGO or non-profit organization in a development or communications role required;
- Experience working with the news media required;
- Strong relationships with local and international media are a plus;
- Familiarity with AP style desired;
- Availability to travel, as needed, to program sites and partner organizations in the region;
- Strong interest in international aid, development and health;
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines, including urgent media requests;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize tasks with little supervision and work independently;
- Strong PowerPoint design and presentation skills an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- And experience with SharePoint and Cision an asset
A resume, cover letter and writing sample (in English) are required to be considered for this role. Please add these requirements to your application process.
As a global health organization, we are committed to ensuring a safe environment for our staff, partners and visitors. All Americares staff and visitors who are on-site at any of our locations or who will be traveling for work must be fully immunized (including a booster, if applicable) against COVID-19, unless a exemption required by law applies.
Americares is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, pregnancy or any pregnancy-related condition, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To request a disability accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to register