AIR Hub, poste de Relationship Manager at SWINBURNE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
- Join an exciting work program in aerospace and advanced manufacturing
- 12 month full time term position located in Hawthorn and Clayton
- $ 118,433 + 17% retirement
About the work
The Aerostructures Innovation Research Hub (AIR Hub) will be a world-class collaboration between Australian aerospace industry leaders and research partners. Led by Swinburne University of Technology, AIR Hub will drive the transformation of the aerospace sector in Australia by strengthening Australia’s preeminent position in the manufacture of advanced composites for civil aerospace projects and accelerate the development of composite manufacturing for structures and cells integrated in eVTOL urban passengers, freight and aero-medical air vehicles.
The AIR hub relations manager is a key role, reporting to the AIR hub manager and working under minimal supervision. This position will build strong and collaborative working relationships with and between senior university / AIR hub officials, students and other external partners, customers and key stakeholders. The position will also entail strategies and activities that will focus on how AIR Hub attracts, retains and develops talent to ensure that AIR Hub plays an important role in enhancing the skills of the workforce. of the aerospace industry in Victoria. The AIR Hub Relationship Manager will also significantly contribute to the development of operational processes and procedures to achieve optimal results for AIR Hub and its stakeholders while leading the improvement of the AIR Hub profile and projects. in progress, as well as the people who provide the innovative work.
About Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne is a multisectoral science, technology and innovation university with more than 54,000 students and 5,000 employees worldwide. We offer postgraduate, undergraduate, professional and online education to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. Our mission is to be a world-class university, creating economic and social impact through science, technology and innovation. We aim to provide future-ready learners, impactful research and innovative business.
- A graduate degree and extensive relevant experience
- Able to develop highly effective working relationships by strengthening credibility, respect and relationships with internal and external networks
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to interact effectively with leaders
- Extensive experience in providing strategic advice, developing options, analyzing risks, making good judgment and solving problems.
- Proven senior executive recruiting skills and experience in people development
- Excellent written communication skills with good attention to detail
- Superior time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Lead the development, implementation and support of an effective early career mentoring program.
- Manage student and postdoctoral internships, internships and professional experiences providing first-rate professional experience
- Manage and coordinate communication between researchers, students, postdoctoral staff and industry, engaging stakeholders to ensure that the AIR hub offers skills and expertise enhancing impact for a future workforce aerospace work.
- Take responsibility for the development and implementation of key team building initiatives that continue to improve the culture within AIR Hub.
- Coach and mentor Air Hub staff, including key stakeholders, to promote the development of the requirements and key skills of roles that will play a critical role in the continued success of the hub.
- Prepare and deliver high quality presentations to key internal and external stakeholders regarding key AIR hub operational updates / objectives and lead the planning and management of key AIR hub events as required.
- Conceptualize, develop and review key policies, objectives and strategies focused on workforce planning, recruitment and organizational / team development of AIR hubs in partnership with key internal and external stakeholders
- Work with partner organizations hosting student internships to implement all placement obligations and other relevant workplace policies and procedures are in place for deployed, placed, seconded and co-students and the staff.
- Maintain relationships with the main internal stakeholders of AIR Hub, Swinburne and industry partners who will make a significant contribution to the success of major projects undertaken by AIR Hub.
- Collaborate with Swinburne’s media and external communications team to develop key strategic plans that will play a major role in promoting AIR Hub through social media and improving awareness of the people doing the work.
A complete list of selection criteria is available in the job description.
To learn more about the wide range of benefits available to Swinburne employees, please visit Careers at Swinburne.
How to apply and more information
To view the job description or to start an application, please click on “apply” or “start” and submit a resume, cover letter and response to key selection criteria as outlined in the job description.
For more information on this position, contact Adriano Di Pietro (Director, AIR Hub) by e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are having technical difficulties with your application, please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and inclusion
Equity and diversity are integral to achieving our 2025 vision of bringing people and technology together to build a better world. Swinburne is a large, culturally diverse organization and we pride ourselves on our commitment to equity and inclusion through key initiatives such as:
- Reconciliation action plan
- Charter of cultural diversity
- Australia Science Action Plan for Gender Equity (SAGE)
- Swinburne’s LGBTIQA + Pride, Gender Equality, Accessibility and Intergenerational Inclusion Strategies
For more information on all of our initiatives, visit our equity and diversity website. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Assistance and support
We are committed to making the recruitment process fair and equitable for all of our candidates. If you have specific accessibility or support requirements, please contact Maree Norden, Head of Diversity and Inclusion at email@example.com. For assistance or questions regarding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact Timothy Werner at DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au
Swinburne offers flexible work options, time off, and parenting / custody policies to support work-life balance.
Closing of applications at 5 p.m. on Tuesday December 28, 2021
Note: This position is open to applicants who are currently in Australia and who are Australian citizens, permanent residents or hold an appropriate work visa.