🌱 Penny Lane Museum has a new location + free wedding showcase
Rise and shine, Dunedin! Let’s kick off this Tuesday with everything you need to know about what’s happening in Dunedin today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Shower and thunderstorm. High: 56 Low: 53.
Congratulations to our first local sponsor:
Want a unique portrait of your doggie or know someone who would like this as a gift? Debbie Lewis is a talented watercolor artist based in Clearwater. She creates beautiful watercolors of your furry friends from your photos. You can consult examples of his work or place an order here.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to apply.
Here are the top 3 stories in Dunedin today:
- The Penny Lane Ultimate Beatles Museum has found a new location, moving from the 500 square foot upstairs space at 730 Broadway in downtown Dunedin to Stirling Commons to the former Citibank building at 2046 Bayshore Boulevard. The move will give him approximately 6,500 square feet to display the private collection, making room for a lot of elements that have yet to be seen as one of Ringo Starr’s drum kits. Visitors can expect exhibits organized in the form of mobile “pods”, such as a John Lennon tribute room in the old bank vault and a gift shop in the new location. They can also expect an admission fee, but the amount has not yet been made public. (Sun Coast News)
- Dunedin Parks & Recreation is hosting its annual free Senior Citizen Awareness Fair at the Hale Senior Activity Center on January 28 between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. The fair will feature more than 50 vendors offering information on a variety of topics, including medical equipment, beauty, nutrition, exercise, legal and financial assistance, retirement living and healthcare. residence. The health department will also be present at the fair to administer influenza and reminders for those interested. Lunch will be provided. (Press Release Office)
- The Fenway Hotel is hosting a free wedding showcase for couples on January 30 at 1:00 p.m. More than 50 local merchants will be present offering information on various wedding necessities such as photographers, bridal accessories, caterers, etc. Register online to participate. Show proof of registration to receive 10% off lunch or dinner that day at the Fenway Hotel. (Room)
Last week, we told you about our new favorite non-alcoholic go-to – the refreshing and bitter drinks from our partners at Betera. They are created by chefs from natural botanicals, lightly effervescent and worthy of a life beyond “Dry January”. We mentioned that their Ginger-Orange was excellent; we’ve since tried Elderflower-Lime and loved it too – light and floral with the perfect amount of zing. We are converts.
Enough of you have taken Betera on your 15% off first orders for Patch Daily readers that they have extended the offer for another week. Use PATCH15 at checkout. Highly recommended – try Betara here.
Today in Dunedin:
- Fitness for the elderly at the Hale Senior Activity Center (9:30 a.m.)
- Dunedin Toastmasters Meeting at Unity Community Church or via Zoom (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- The City of Dunedin reminds residents that the The Hammock Park boardwalk renovation project begins soon. The Osprey Trail Boardwalk in Hammock Park will be under construction and closed from Tuesday, February 1 until the completion of the project. (Facebook)
- The Dunedin American Legion Post 275 is hosting a Chili Cook-Off on Sunday. It’s free to competejust drop a big jar of your best chili at their kitchen door in 12:30 p.m. Judging begins at 1:00 p.m. Winners will be selected in the mild, medium and hot categories. Judging will be based on appearance, aroma and flavor. Spectators are welcome to watch and can taste the chili for $5. You can also vote for your favorite chili to receive the People’s Choice Award. (Facebook)
- Dunedin High School shared a scholarship opportunity for Grade 11 student-athletes graduating in 2023. Over 100 scholarships are available. Applications are accepted until April 30, 2022. (Facebook | positive trainer)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Dunedin Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are officially informed for today! See you tomorrow morning for your next update.