🌱 Houston Astros manager Dusty Baker 2K wins + La India Bonita
Hello, people of Houston! Carlos Hernandez here with your Thursday issue of the Houston Daily.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A thunderstorm in the afternoon. High: 86 Low: 74.
Are you a local owner or trader? We can help you effortlessly deliver effective ads that reach customers in Houston. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top five stories in Houston today:
1. Dusty Baker, Houston Astros coach won their 2,000th game on Tuesday nightbecominghe is the 12th manager in major league history to reach the milestone and the first black man to do so. Baker said: “…you can’t rejoice in what you’ve done until your career is over. Then, when your career is over, you assess the big picture. But while you’re at it, you don’t have time to do it.” (Fox 26 Houston)
2. Three people were taken to hospital on Wednesday morning after a police chase ended in an accident on the Galveston Seawall. It happened right after 10:30 a.m. at 59th Street and Seawall Boulevard. (KHU 11)
3. One a woman was charged and arrested on Tuesday for allegedly stealing more than 40 purses in three months in Harris Countyaccording to court documents. Dequavia Rodgers is accused of hit multiple stores between January 5 and April 3, steal a total of 47 purses, indicate the documents. (ABC 13)
4. Burrito design, The India Bonita, goI’m coming back to League City in the next few months. The restaurant, which was closed for more than a year after a vehicle hit his building at 2 o’clock13 E.Main St., will reopen nearby in a former drive-thru bank at 401 E. Main St. League City Officials mentioned work will be underway this spring and that the restaurant could open this year. (Community Impact Newspaper)
5. hamsaa modern Israeli restaurantwill be open on Wednesday May 11. The guests will be build a shared meal from the different sections of Hamsa’s menu. Menu items include chicken shawarma, baba ganoush, lamb, shashuka, hummus, etc.. (CultureMap Houston)
Today in Houston:
- Cinco Fiesta at the Henderson Heights pub. (10:00 AM)
- Cinco de Mayo at Wakefield Crowbar. (11:00)
- 6th Annual Cinco De Mile: Washington Ave Block Party to the Mile series. (12:00)
- UHD Thursday Night Concert Series at Discovery Green, featuring: Las Fenix and Morena Roas. (7:00 p.m.)
- Houston Astros vs. Detroit Tigers at Minute Maid Park. (7:10 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- EThe Crosby Library is hosting a job fair this weekend for teens looking for jobs. Come to the Crosby Library this Saturday May 7 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.. to see what’s on offer. (next door)
- The Houston Texans have announced they have signed free agent QB Kevin Hogan, who was on the Titans practice squad last year, and with the Bengals before that. Four-year veteran. (Twitter)
- The Houston City Council has voted to approve changes to the city’s Chapter 30 ordinance that regulates noise and sound level regulation on Wednesday, May 4. Changes include increasing the maximum fine for a violation from $1,000 to $2,000. (Houston Culture Map)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- Hire a pro to tackle mom’s to-do list (May 8)
- Retirement Tax Seminar on 9/5 and 10/5 (May 9)
- Online discussion for specialists in the field of alcohol detox in Kemah, Tx (May 9)
- Webinar on retirement taxes on 05/16 and 05/17 (May 16)
- Add your event
All right, you’re all caught up for today. I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update!
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the food blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Houston Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org