🌱 Health center survey + Salata opens new location
Hello friends! I’m back with your new edition of the Charlotte Daily, fresh off the press. Here are all the most important things to know about what’s happening locally, including:
- Atrium Health will hold flu shot clinics in October
- Whistleblowers tell Charlotte Community Health Center
- Salata Salad Kitchen, a Leader in Built-to-Order Salad Kitchens, Opens Second Local Location
But first, today’s weather:
Quite sunny. High: 82 Low: 55.
📢 I am looking for business owners and marketers in Charlotte who want to get noticed, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Charlotte Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If this is you, then I urge you to learn more and secure your place now.
Here are the top five stories from today in Charlotte:
- Atrium Health will be hosting flu shot clinics October 1 and 15 at primary care practices in the Charlotte area. “Health officials in Charlotte are urging people to get their flu shot ahead of what they expect to be a WCNC.com) . The says the best time to get a flu shot is late October so you’ll be protected when the flu is at its peak“, reports the WCNC. (
- On September 22, “student-athletes traveled to Niner Elementary to participate in a field day with the students. It was a fun day of games and activities that was enjoyed by both the kids and This was also another great opportunity for Charlotte student-athletes to volunteer within the greater Charlotte community.… The Charlotte Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) plans many community service activities as a way for student-athletes to be active within their community and help improve the overall experience of student-athletes,” according to Charlotte Athletics. (Charlotte Athletics)
- Whistleblowers talk about the Charlotte Community Health Center. “Piper and a second former employee, James Wankel, spoke to WBTV to detail what they say are serious financial problems in the operation of the health center. The whistleblower pair’s allegations include poor patient record keeping, billing practices that resulted in patients being overcharged for services they should have received for free or at minimal cost, poor administration of grants and internal financial controls that did not meet generally accepted standards. accounting principle,” reports WBTV. (WBTV)
- If you like custom salads, this news is for you! “Salata Salad Kitchen, a leading bespoke salad kitchen, will celebrate the grand opening of its second location in Charlotte, NC on October 13, 2022 with two days of celebrations including a bootcamp with the influencer. Charlotte Wellness Emily Breeze and former NFL Hall of Famer Randy Moss, followed by a day of gifts and charitable donations and more. The 2,400 square foot location will open at 9825 Sandy Rock Pl., Suite 5B, Charlotte, NC, 28277, at Rea Farms and will offer online ordering through its app with pickup and delivery available to fans in travel, as well as on-site catering and catering,RSQ magazine reports. (RSQ magazine)
- “The WCCB Charlotte) The district attorney tackles a system error that led to the dismissal of 16,000 charges. Spencer B. Merriweather III tells WCCB that his office is working to reinstate those charges after his office became aware of the computer error last week. Merriweather says the issue arose as his office struggled to prioritize cases of a more serious nature. The district attorney’s office entered into a process with the North Carolina Courts Administrative Office (AOC) last month to dismiss a number of low-priority traffic and misdemeanor cases, allowing prosecutors to focus their resources on more serious trafficking and crime cases. As soon as the computer error was detected, the prosecutor’s office took immediate action to stop the process, and the office received AOC’s full support and cooperation to resolve this issue.“, reports WCCB Charlotte. (
Today’s patch deal:
Notice to wine lovers. We have found this incredible offer from Splash Wines – an 18-bottle selection of reds and whites for fall – for just $69.99. Shipping isn’t cheap at $39.95, but it still works out to just over $6 per bottle. Splash Wines has a money back guarantee if you don’t like the wine and a 4.6 out of 5 rating on TrustPilot. So: recommended.
(The Patch Deals team scours the web for deals that we think our subscribers will enjoy. We may earn a commission on products purchased. All promotions are valid as of the date of publication and are subject to change.)
Today in Charlotte:
- Fall Plant Sale: Open to the public Friday and Saturday (9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- Performance by Greg Steinfeld at Town Brewing Co. (6:30 p.m.)
- Billy Cobham’s performance at Middle C Jazz (7:00 p.m.)
- Michael Blackson at The Comedy Zone (7:00 p.m.)
- Performance by Shemaine and Crimson Soul at Studio 229 on Brevard (7:00 p.m.)
- Jade Catta-Preta performance at The Comedy Zone (7:00 p.m.)
- Charlotte Symphony: Elgar’s Cello Concerto at the Knight Theater (7:30 p.m.)
- Representation of the poets in the fall of 2022 at the Church of Forest Hill (7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.)
- Performance by Carin Leon at the Bojangles Coliseum (20:00)
From my notebook:
- We have 40 kennels over capacity and need foster families and adopters NOW. Please consider adopting (fees are waived!) Foster Home. (CMPD Animal Care and Control via Facebook)
- Coming October 10: Don’t miss a FREE performance by CSO musicians! Enjoy original works by CSO cellist Jeremy Lamb, Scott Joplin, Weezer and Shostakovich at MoRA’s barn. Sponsored by Lowe’s Home Improvement. (Charlotte Symphony via Facebook)
- After Fall Works’ opening night on October 13, audience members are invited to stay for a 30-minute chat session with artistic director Alejandro Cerrudo…(Charlotte Ballet on Facebook)
- An ode to nature, Beethoven “musically expresses his desire to live in the countryside” in his Pastoral Symphony. Discover his portrait of nature animated by the Charlotte Symphony, on October 28 and 29 at the Knight Theatre. (Charlotte Symphony via Facebook)
- Our mission is to provide a safe, affordable, and caring home for families of children receiving care at Charlotte area medical facilities. Families are stronger when they are together. (Artwork from Ronald McDonald Houses of Greater Charlotte via Facebook)
- The Swarm is looking for new hornets! Yes, you heard us: WE ARE HIRING! Are you looking for a rewarding and fast-paced career? Do you like helping others? (Charlotte Fire Communications “Fire Alarm” via Facebook)
- In recognition of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the DA’s office is hosting a Mecklenburg County Community Support Services banner that features the stories of survivors. (Charlotte-Mecklenburg District Attorney’s Office via Facebook)
- There are 10 DAYS left to apply for our open call for the 2023 #ArtPopCLT Cities program! Full program and application details in our submission guidelines are available for download on the open calls page of our website. (ArtPop Street Gallery via Instagram)
- Mélanie, 12, has disappeared! If you have any information or see it, please call me at this number: 704-771-0565. (The next door)
- I need someone to help me see if our sump pump is working. I’m looking for someone to come into our crawl space and check our sump pump. My back won’t let me do it. (The next door)
- I have a 14 year old son who just started high school this year. I am looking for places that are looking for volunteers. Do you have any suggestions? (The next door)
- A female German Shepherd and her pup appeared on my porch. The female kept poking her nose at my glass door. When I opened my door, she and the male pup came in. They are at my house. If they belong to you, please call me. (The next door)
- Am I looking for a full-service car wash nearby or one of those pop-up parking crews? Who do you recommend? (The next door)
- Anyone miss a small dog? I found one that weighed about 7 pounds with no collar or microchip markings. I found this dog near Eastway/The Plaza. (The next door)
- I’m looking for cheap or FREE winter clothes for women and girls. Does anyone donate in sizes 11-14? I also need women’s size 9 shoes, yoga pants and long sleeve shirts. And I need items for size 16 junior girls and size 12/14 girls. (The next door)
- I spotted a gray Pit Bull/Boxer puppy at Mcalpine Elementary. Is it yours? (The next door)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
All right, you’re all caught up for today. I will see you soon!
— Alexis Goering
About me: My name is Alexis A. Goring. I’m an East Coast girl with a pulse for people, news, and reporting! I worked for 15 years as a freelance writer/editor/editor in the media industry. I’m also a published author, an experienced blogger, and the founder of Writer at Heart Editorial Services. Visit my website for more details about me and my work. Here is the link: https://alexisagoring.jimdofree.com.
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Charlotte Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org