🌱 County Manager Severance + New Assistant City Attorney
Hello everyone! I’m back in your inbox this morning to tell you all the big things happening in Savannah today. Enjoy…
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout your big announcement at the top of the Savannah Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding, or new baby, let everyone celebrate at your side! Submit your ad here.
First, today’s weather forecast:
A thunderstorm in the afternoon High: 86 Low: 69.
🏡 Looking for more real estate leads in Savannah? Let us help you reach potential buyers and set you apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top three stories from today in Savannah:
- The Forsyth Farmers Market in Savannah will hold a special celebration today for National Farmers Market Week. The event will take place between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. The theme is “Farmers Markets Don’t Happen By Chance”. More than 40 vendors will participate, and everyone is welcome to attend. (WSAV-TV)
- Chatham County has begun discussing severance terms with its suspended county executive. Lee Smith has been serving a suspension since July. He was suspended with pay. The cause of the suspension is unknown. Hart County District Attorney reports that records surrounding the suspension cannot be released. (WTOC)
- The city of Savannah has voted to appoint a new assistant city attorney. The new position will focus on violent crimes. Approval was given by a 6-3 vote with the US Attorney’s office. Hopefully the new position will allow the Southern District to take on more cases. (fox28media.com)
Today in Savannah:
- Voluntary live fire training At Chatham Fire and EMS Station #12 (8:00 a.m.)
- Music & Movement At the Southwest Library (11:00 a.m.)
- Diva Royale Drag Queen Show At Elan Savannah (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- One of the best ways to experience Savannah is to Old Town Tram Tour. Click to learn more about this unique city tour endorsed by the Historic Savannah Foundation. (Carriage rides)
- The Humane Society for Greater Savannah has many animals ready to be adopted Looking for a new home. Click to view the list and find out more. (human society)
- Live Oak Public Libraries is dedicated to student success. Click to learn more about library resources. (Live Oak Public Libraries)
You’re all caught up for today. See you soon!
— Danielle Fallon-O’Leary
About me: Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is a senior writer at content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com with the management of the community newsletter. Danielle also has a Masters in Communication Science and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.